EQUALS Semi-formal SLD Curriculum
Schemes of Work (SoW) – Twilight Workshops
With the Rochford Review confirming that ‘schools already have the freedom to use any curriculum they feel is appropriate for the needs and requirements of pupils’ who are not engaged in ‘subject specific learning’, we seek to explore:
- What does subject specific learning mean?
- Who might be involved in subject specific learning and who might not?
- What kind of curriculum makes sense for learners with SLD who will only ever be able to succeed (at the very best) up to the very beginnings of the National Curriculum?
- What kind of curriculum model can enable those with SLD to be the very best that they can be and to do the very best that they can do, irrespective of their level of learning difficulty?
We seem to be in a position of much greater flexibility than we have been for a very long time which makes for extremely exciting and interesting times in curriculum development!
Below is a short video of just over 11 mins by Peter Imray; our Director of Developments.
Peter Imray talks about our brand new Semi-Formal (SLD) Curriculum.
To learn more please click here
Autum Term 2019 – Twilight Training Courses
- John Jamieson East SILC, Leeds, LS8 2PW. – Date: 30th October 2019
- St Nicholas School, Holme Oak Close, Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3JJ. – Date: 5th November 2019
- Palmerston School, Liverpool, L17 6AU – Date: 13th November 2019
- Birmingham – Date: 9th October 2019 – Venue to be confirmed
- London – Date: 16th October 2019 – Venue to be confirmed
- Glasgow – Date: 29th October 2019 – Venue to be confirmed
- Cardiff – Date: 25th November 2019 – Venue to be confirmed
Costs for the twilight workshops are:
Only £19+VAT per delegate for EQUALS Members and £59+VAT for non-members
Further training will also be provided for other topics in the next 12 months. If there is a topic your school is interested in or if you wish to attend a twilight training workshop please
EQUALS successfully delivered
twilight workshops at:
- Hadrian School, Newcastle
- Priory Woods School, Middlesbrough
- Bennerely Fields School, Derbyshire
- John F Kennedy School, London
- Swiss Cottage School, London
- Threeeways School, Bath.
- Wilson Stuart School, Birmingham.
- Oak Grove College, Worthing.
- St Ann’s School, London.
- Melland High School, Manchester.