EQUALS has published a ‘Brand New’ Semi-Formal Curriculum, specifically designed and written for learners of all ages with SLD.
The aims of the Schemes of Work project have been
- to build on the collaborative work of Penny Lacey and Swiss Cottage School;
- to write outstanding practice schemes of work for non National Curriculum ‘areas of learning’;
- to involve outstanding teachers in good and outstanding schools throughout England and Wales;
- to produce schemes of work that are available to all schools on a cost recovery (not for profit) basis through the Equals website;
- to share best practice within a broad band of stakeholders, including both the DfE and Ofsted.
The general principles governing the schemes of work are that they
- are developmental in nature and open to personalisation – they start at the beginning of the individual pupil’s learning journey and aim for the highest level of independence possible;
- cover all stages of education from 2 to 25 (and beyond) but are not directly related to either age or key stage. Learners fit into them where they will according to their individual abilities, interests and learning journey;
- are not related to the National Curriculum, though the common language of the P scales is occasionally used for ease of understanding.
Below is a short video of just over 11 mins by Peter Imray; our Director of Developments. Peter Imray talks about our brand new Semi-Formal (SLD) Curriculum.
All of the Semi-formal Curriculums are priced at £49.00 + VAT each for Members and £149.00 + VAT for non-members.
My Citizenship and My Forest School will be available later this academic year.
EQUALS Members benefit from significant discounts on EQUALS publications.
The members price for the above publications is only £49 + VAT each.
This involves a saving of £100 + VAT each, compared to Non-members prices
If you would like to become a member of
EQUALS at £120 + VAT for 12 months please click here
To view a preview, please click on a link below
- My Communication
- My Play & Leisure
- My Independence
- My T & P Solving
- My Drama
- My Art
- My Music
- My Dance
- The World About Me
- My Physical Well-being